Ronnie O’Sullivan on 8 may 2014 was crowned World Snooker’s Player of the Year at the sport's annual awards ceremony in London. Apart from this, O’Sullivan was also handed the Fans Player of the Year award after being voted by snooker supporters.
During the 2013/14 season, he won four titles, which included the Masters in January when he beat Mark Selby 10-4 in the final. He triumphed in the Welsh Open in March 2014 by rounding off a 9-3 defeat of Ding Junhui with a 147 break. This was 12th maximum of his career and a new record too.
Awards given in the ceremony are
• World Snooker Player of the Year: Ronnie O'Sullivan
• Snooker Writers Player of the Year: Ding Junhui
• Fans Player of the Year: Ronnie O'Sullivan
• Rookie of the Year: John Astley
• Performance of the Year: Mark Selby
• Magic Moment of the Year: Mark Selby
• Special award for 100 Centuries: Neil Robertson
• 147 Club (players making a 147 during the season): Neil Robertson, Judd Trump, Mark Selby, Dechawat Poomjaeng, Gary Wilson, Shaun Murphy, Ronnie O'Sullivan
• Hall of Fame inductees: Dennis Taylor and Cliff Thorburn