Madhubani painting artist Mahasundari Devi died at a private hospital in Ranti, near Madhubani on 4 July 2013.
Mahasundari Devi is survived by three sons and two daughters.
Some facts about Mahasundari Devi
• Mahasundari Devi took to painting when she was a child and acquired proficiency in the art form under the guidance of her aunt, Devsundari Devi.
• She was renowned for her mastery over Sikki work, 'sujani' craft, clay work and paper mache apart from Mithila painting.
• She had won over two dozen national and state awards
• She won the prestigious Padmashri and Shilp Guru award in year 2010.
• She did her last painting in 2011.