Panasonic and US-based AES inked agreement to install energy storage project in Haryana
This joint project between Panasonic and AES at Panasonic's Technopark manufacturing facility in Jhajjar, Haryana is the first large-scale battery-based energy storage project in India.
Panasonic India and AES India Private Limited on 18 April 2016 announced an agreement to construct a 10 MW energy storage array at Panasonic's Technopark manufacturing facility in Jhajjar, Haryana.
This joint project is the first large-scale battery-based energy storage project in India.
Key highlights of the project
• The storage will provide daily reliability and back-up to the manufacturing facility, while demonstrating grid stability and renewable integration services in the region.
• The project combines Panasonic’s capabilities as India’s leading lithium-ion battery supplier with AES Energy Storage’s Advancion® platform.
• While AES operates 116 MW of energy storage projects around the globe, this project signifies AES’ entry into the commercial and industrial energy storage market.
• The AES Corporation is a Fortune 200 company that generates and distributes electrical power.
• The company was founded on 28 January 1981 as Applied Energy Services by Roger Sant and Dennis Bakke.
• AES is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, and is one of the world's leading power companies.
• The company generates and distributes electric power in 27 countries and employs 27000 people worldwide.
• Panasonic Corporation is a Japanese multinational electronics corporation headquartered in Kadoma, Osaka, Japan.
• It was formerly known as Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. Ltd.
• The company was founded in 1918 and has grown to become one of the largest Japanese electronics producers.
• Panasonic is the world's fourth-largest television manufacturer by 2012 market share.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App