India’s ace cueist Pankaj Advani on 12 December 2016 won the World Billiards title. To win the title, he defeated Peter Gilchrist of Singapore 6-3 in the summit clash held in Bengaluru.
For Advani, it was the 11th world billiards champion title in his over 15-year long international billiards career.
In early 2016, he won the Asian 6-Red snooker title in May and a bronze medal at the IBSF World snooker championship in December.
Pankaj Advani is the only player in the world to win world titles in all formats of snooker and billiards. So far, he won 16 titles in both the formats.
Major titles won by Pankaj Advani are -
• He won the World Billiards Championship title for 8 times viz., 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
• He was the IBSF World Snooker Champion in 2003 and 2015.
• He won the World Team Billiards Championship in 2014.
• He won gold medals in 2006 and 2010 Asian Games that were held in Doha and Guangzhou respectively.
• He won the Asian Billiards Championship for 5 times and Australian Open in 2008.
• He also won 24 titles at the national level in various formats of the game.
• For his excellence in the sport, the Union Government honoured him with Padma Shri (2009) and Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in 2006.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.