Prime Minister Narenda Modi returned to India on 24 November 2015 concluding his two-nation tour to Malaysia and Singapore.
During the 4 day visit that took place from 21 November to 24 November 2015, Modi participated in ASEAN Business and Investment Summit and met with the heads/leaders of ASEAN states.
During the stay, he stayed in Malaysia from 21 November to 23 November 2015 and in Singapore from 23 November to 24 November 2015.
Major Highlights of the visit to Malaysia
• Modi attended ASEAN Business and Investment Summit on 21 November 2015.
• Modi attended 13th ASEAN-India Summit in Kuala Lumpur on 21 November 2015.
• Modi attended 10th East Asia Summit in Kuala Lumpur on 22 November 2015.
• Modi addressed the Indian Community Event in Malaysia.
• Modi and Razak jointly inaugurated Torana Gate in Kuala Lampur. The gate was built by India at a cost of one million yen at Little India at Brickfields where Indian diaspora lives in large numbers.
• He visited the renowned Batu Caves temple.
• Indian cultural centre in Kuala Lumpur would be named after veteran freedom fighter and commander of the Indian National Army Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
• He also met members of the Malaysian National Congress (MIC), the largest political party of people of Indian origin in Malaysia.
Major Highlights of the visit to Singapore
• Joint Statement on a Strategic Partnership between India and Singapore, titled “Renewed Spirit, New Energy – नया उत्साह, नया जोश” was released.
• Modi inspected Guard of Honour with Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong of Singapore during Ceremonial Welcome Ceremony
• Modi attended India-Singapore Economic Convention in Singapore on 24 November 2015.
• Ten agreements/MoUs were inked between the two nations.
• In Singapore, Modi promised more reforms to make India an attractive destination for foreign investments.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Lee Hsein Loong also released commemorative stamps depicting Rashtrapati Bhawan and Istana-Official residence of Singapore President-as a mark of 50 years of bilateral relation.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 24 November 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.