Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 3 May 2017 inaugurated Patanjali Research Institute at Haridwar, Uttarakhand.
Patanjali Research Institute was established with an aim to globally establish the Vedic knowledge of Ayurveda of ancient India's saints and sages.
About Patanjali Research Institute
• The Patanjali Research Foundation, a part of Patanjali Yogpeeth, was founded in August 2010.
• The institute is named after the great Indian sage Patanjali who first compiled the numerous writings on yoga in a way which can be understood by people.
• It will evaluate indigenous systems of medicine, particularly yoga and ayurveda.
• It will study the scientific basis for ancient practices used in various areas of life like farming and architecture so that these ancient practices can be better understood.
• The main motive of the institute is to evaluate the use of home remedies through scientific studies so that these methods of healing may be integrated into contemporary healing practices.
• The institute aims to conduct research work on Drug Screening, pharmacognosy, drug discovery, pharmacology, chronic disease study and more.
Yoga Guru Ramdev’s Patanjali Ayurved Ltd has managed to secure a place for itself in India as well as in abroad. Patanjali is a fast growing Fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) whose net sales for the financial year 2015-16 stood at Rs 5000 crore.
The company now aims to win over multinational firms manufacturing consumer products in the near future.
When: 3 May 2017