Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 23 November 2017 launched the UMANG App, a platform that brings 162 government services on a single mobile app.
The UMANG App was launched with an aim to make the government accessible on the mobile phone of the citizens.
The app was launched during the fifth edition of the Global Conference on Cyberspace.
Highlights of UMANG App
• The app provides a unified approach where you can install one application to avail multiple government services.
• UMANG stands for 'Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance' and is envisaged to make e-governance.
• It contains 162 services of 33 departments or applications and 4 States.
• It is a single mobile app that have an access to 1200 services of various government offices from Centre, State and utility services.
• It supports 13 Indian languages and caters to on-demand scalability.
• It provides all pan India e-Gov services like Aadhaar and Digilocker on one single platform.
• Whether one needs to pay utility bills, file income tax, book a gas cylinder, know about your Provident fund account or have Aadhaar related query, UMANG provides all these services.
• The app was developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and National e-Governance Division (NeGD).
Govt launches ‘Divyang Sarathi’—Accessible and Comprehensive Mobile Application for easy information dissemination to ‘Divyangjans'