Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA), an initiative of the Narendra Modi Government, was launched in June 2016.
The scheme aims at boosting the health care facilities for the pregnant women, especially the poor. It also seeks to protect pregnant ladies from infectious diseases.
Under the scheme, the pregnant ladies will be given free health check-up and required treatment for free on 9th of every month. The scheme will be applicable for pregnant women to avail in every government hospitals across India.
Key features of Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan
• All kinds of medical checkups under the scheme will be completely free.
• Tests will take place at the medical centres, government and private hospitals and private clinics across the country.
• Women will be marked differently based on their health problems so that doctors can easily detect the problem.
• The scheme is applicable only to the women in their pregnancy period of 3 to 6 months.
• The women belonging to semi urban, poor and rural areas will be given preferences.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.