Praveen Rashtrapal, Congress member of Rajya Sabha, dies
He was elected to the 13th Lok Sabha (1999-2004) on behalf of Congress (INC) party from Patan Lok Sabha constituency.
Indian National Congress (INC) member of Rajya Sabha Praveen Rashtrapal died on 11 May 2016 after suffering a massive heart attack. He was 76.
About Praveen Rashtrapal
• He was born on 23 December 1939 in Muwada, District of Gujarat
• He was elected to the 13th Lok Sabha (1999-2004) on behalf of Congress (INC) party from Patan Lok Sabha constituency.
• He was a member from the Upper House from April 2006 to April 2012 and was re-elected in April 2012 from the state of Gujarat.
• He was All India Congress Committee (AICC) Secretary and also in charge of Uttar Pradesh affairs.
• He was a member of the Joint Parliamentary Committee on 2G scam in the15th Lok Sabha (2009-2014).
• He was known to be staunch trade-unionist and also served as Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax before entering politics.
• He was associated with the trade union movement of Income Tax employees in particular and the Central Government employees.
• He published the books like The Betrayal, 2003; in Gujarati, (i) Worshipping False God (A Review), 2003, (ii) Socialism, Binsampraday and Samanta, 2003, (iii) Sadak Thi Sansad, 2004 and (iv) NISBAT-collection of articles.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App