President Barack Obama on 4 April 2014 nominated Sunil Sabharwal as the next US Alternate Executive Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF). He is currently working as independent investor in the payments sector.
About Sunil Sabharwal
• His earliest known job was at European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, where he worked from 1992-1996, eventually becoming its Principal Banker before leaving.
• In 1997, Sabharwal joined GE Capital, leaving in 2003 while he was the company’s Managing Director.
• From 2003-2006, he was Senior Vice-President of Strategic Investments at First Data Corporation, Western Union.
• From that year until 2009, he was a board adviser to Warburg Pincus, where he helped acquire German network services firm EasyCash.
• Two years later, in 2011, he became the chairman of the board at Ogone, a European e-commerce payment services company, where he stayed until 2014.
When: 4 April 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.