President of Russia Vladmir Putin Visited India to attend 13th India-Russia Annual Summit
India Current Affairs December 2012. Russian President V. Putin visited India on 24 Dec. 2012 to attend 13th India-Russia Annual Summit on invitation from the Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin, the President of Russia visited India on 24 December 2012 at the Invitation of Manmohan Singh, the Prime Minister of India to attend 13th India-Russia Annual Summit. During the visit the Russian President met the Prime Minister of India - Manmohan Singh and the President of India – Pranab Mukherjee.
During this visit of President Vladimir Putin and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh reviewed the progress made in all the important areas of mutual cooperation, comprising sectors like energy, trade, high technology and military-technical cooperation. Both these leaders discussed on extending the special and privileged strategic partnership between the two countries.
Some of the issues of discussion were:
• Promoting Trade and Investment
• Deepening Energy Partnership
• Science and Technology Cooperation
• Cultural and Humanitarian Exchanges
• Promoting Ties in Space
• Stepping Up Military-Technical Cooperation
• Coordination on International and Regional Issues
• Combating Terrorism
• Supporting Disarmament and Non-Proliferation Efforts
• Promoting Cooperation among Emerging Economies
• Situation in Syria
• Stabilizing the Afghan Situation
• Iran's Nuclear Programme
• Recovery and Strengthening of Global Economy, Reforming the International Financial Architecture
• Environment/Sustainable Development