President Pranab Mukherjee presents B C Roy National Awards for 2008, 2009 and 2010
The B.C. Roy Awards were instituted by the Medical Council of India in 1976 in memory of renowned physician and former West Bengal Chief Minister Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy.
President Pranab Mukherjee on 1 July 2016 presented the Dr. B. C. Roy National Awards for 2008, 2009 and 2010.
The awards were presented at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi on the occasion of Doctors' Day.
List of awardees for the year 2008
• Dr. Mammen Chandy
• Prof. Rajeshwar Dayal
• Dr. Rohit V. Bhatt
• Dr. Neelam Mohan
• Prof. Mohan Kameswaran
• Dr. Harsha Jauhari
• Dr. Gopal H. Badlani
• Dr. Yash Gulati
List of awardees for the year 2009
• Dr. KH Sancheti
• Dr. Atul Kumar
• Dr. Renu Saxena
• Dr. Kanan A. Yelikar
• Dr. A.K. Kriplani
• Dr. G.V. Rao
• Dr. H.S. Bhanushali
• Dr. Moti Lal Singh
• Dr. C.N. Purandare
• Dr. C.V. Hari Narayan
List of awardees for the year 2010
• Dr. Nikhil C. Munshi
• Dr. Tejinder Singh
• Prof. O.P. Kalra
• Dr. Amrinder Jit Kanwar
• Dr. Subash Gupta
• Dr. Rajendra Prasad
• Dr. Glory Alexander
About Dr. B. C. Roy Award
• The B.C. Roy Awards were instituted by the Medical Council of India in 1976.
• The award was instituted in memory of renowned physician and former West Bengal Chief Minister Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy.
About Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy
• Bidhan Chandra Roy was the second Chief Minister of West Bengal.
• He remained in his post for 14 years as an Indian National Congress candidate, from 1948 until his death in 1962.
• He was a highly respected physician and a renowned freedom fighter.
• Dr. Roy is often considered the great architect of West Bengal.
• He founded five eminent cities, Durgapur, Kalyani, Bidhannagar, Ashokenagar and Habra.
• He was an alumnus of the Medical College Calcutta of the University of Calcutta.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App