President Ram Nath Kovind launches web portal of National Youth Parliament Scheme
National Youth Parliament Scheme Portal will provide photographs, videos, scripts and e-training modules for online self-learning.
The President of India Ram Nath Kovind launched a web portal of National Youth Parliament Scheme on the occasion of 70th anniversary of the adoption of Indian Constitution. The President emphasized the rights of the countrymen as well as the duties.
President Ram Nath Kovind said that the adherence to constitutional procedures is above all the ideological differences. Kovind released commemorative coins and a special stamp of Rs 250 on the occasion of Constitution Day.
National Youth Parliament Scheme Portal
• India’s all recognized educational organizations will be eligible to take in the National Youth Parliament Scheme.
• This web-portal will be the only medium for applying for participation and registration by the educational institutions.
• National Youth Parliament Scheme Portal will provide photographs, videos, scripts and e-training modules for online self-learning.
• Once the registration is done, the eligible educational institution will be able to take part in youth parliament sittings in their respective.
• Students, taking part in the programme, will be given ‘certificate of participation’ and each head of the institution and teacher-in-charge will be given a ‘certificate of appreciation’ through the web-portal.
• It is believed that the National youth Parliament Scheme Portal will provide shape to PM Modi’s vision of organizing youth parliament sessions across the country.
10th Commonwealth Youth Parliament
• Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla inaugurated tenth Commonwealth Youth Parliament at the Delhi Vidhan Sabha.
• This Programme will ensure the participation of 47 young minds from 24 different countries. The Commonwealth Youth Parliament will run through November 27.
• All the delegates will take part in mock proceedings of Indian parliamentary system. They will also participate in discussions over several current issues.
• Emilia Monjowa Lifaka is the chairperson of Commonwealth Parliamentary Association.
• Commonwealth Youth Parliament Programme was founded in 1911 with an objective to bring parliamentarians and parliamentary staff together.