Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited to Fiji on 19 November 2014. He had a meeting with Pacific Island Leaders and announced measures to strengthen partnership with Pacific Islands.
He is the first Indian Prime Minister to visit the Pacific countries after Indira Gandhi who visited in 1981. He met the Prime Minister of Fiji, Bainimarama and he is also first Indian Prime Minister to address the Fiji Parliament.
The following are the measure
• A Special Adaptation Fund of 1 million US dollars
• Pan Pacific Islands Project
• Indian Visa on arrival to all the fourteen Pacific Island Countries
• Increased Grant-in-Aid to Pacific Island Countries
• Establish Trade Office in India
• Deputation of ITEC experts
• Distinguished Visitors Programme
• Space Cooperation
During his visit three MoUs were also signed
• MoU on Cooperation on exchange of information on structure and content of training programs for diplomats.
• MoU on earmarking of land for the Diplomatic Missions in respective capitals.
• MoU for extending 70 million US dollars Line of Credit for establishing a Co-Generation Plant at Rarawai Sugar Mills in Fiji.
Eight-foot bronze statue of World War II Indian pilot Mohinder Singh Pujji unveiled in UK
PV Sindhu won 2014 Macau Open Grand Prix Gold Badminton Title
CERN scientists discovered two subatomic particles belonging to the family of baryon
Book titled Letters for a Nation written by Jawaharlal Nehru & Madhav Khosla