Punjab Government notified Swine Flu under Epidemic Disease Act
The notification stated that all government and private hospitals will have to inform the Department of Health about a case of ILI (Influenza like Illness) having chronic diseases.
The Department Of Health and Family Welfare, Punjab on 16 March 2016 notified the disease of swine flu (H1N1) under the Epidemic Disease Act.
Before issuing the notification, the department had constituted a state advisory committee under the chairmanship of Dr. D Behera. The committee observed that swine flu patients, who suffered from other chronic diseases, had a high mortality rate as compared to patients who did not have chronic diseases.
It was also observed that patients who were treated by private doctors were referred to higher centres only when they became critical, thereby increasing the death rate.
Key highlights of the notification
• The notification stated that all government and private hospitals will have to inform the Department of Health about a case of ILI (Influenza like Illness) having chronic diseases.
• It also stated that such cases should be treated at the earliest and proper guidelines of the government should be followed.
• All hospitals will have to keep a suspected as well as confirmed case of swine flu in isolation in order to contain the spread of the disease.
• All hospitals will have to inform the Health department in case a suspected or confirmed case of swine flu is reported.
• The treatment of swine flu will be provided free of cost to all the patients as recommended by the Government.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App