PV Sindhu on 17 September 2017 became the first Indian shuttler to win the BWF Korean Open Super Series.
Sindhu defeated Nozomi Okuhara of Japan 22-20, 11-21, 21-18 to grab the prestigious title.
The duo had already fought-out the longest match in the final of the BWF World Championship in August 2017, when Okuhara emerged victorious after a 110-minute match.
About PV Sindhu
• Born on 5 July 1995, Pusarla Venkata Sindhu is an Indian professional badminton player.
• She is currently world no 4 in the BWF World Ranking.
• At the 2016 Summer Olympics, she became the first Indian woman to win an Olympic silver medal.
• In March 2015, she was honoured with India’s fourth highest civilian honour, the Padma Shri.
About Korea Open Super Series
• The Korea Open Super Series is an annual badminton event.
• It is commonly held in Seoul, South Korea.
• The 2017 Korea Open Super Series had a total purse of USD 600000.
• The Men’s Singles title of the 2017 Korea Open Super Series was grabbed by Indonesia’s Anthony Sinisuka Ginting.
• The winners of the Men’s Doubles title of the 2017 Korea Open Super Series are Mathias Boe and Carsten Mogensen.
• The winners of the Women’s Doubles title of the 2017 Korea Open Super Series are Huang Yaqiong and Yu Xiaohan.
• The winners of the Mixed Doubles title of the 2017 Korea Open Super Series are Praveen Jordan and Debby Susanto.
Who: PV Sindhu
When: 17 September 2017