The Reserve Bank of India Governor Raghuram Rajan on 7 January 2016 was felicitated with the Central Banker of the Year Award (Global and Asia Pacific) for 2016. The award was given by the Financial Times Group's monthly publication The Banker.
The Central Banker of the Year 2016 Awards celebrates the officials that have best managed to stimulate growth and stabilise their country's economy.
About Raghuram Rajan
• Born on 3 February 1963, Raghuram Govind Rajan is the current and the 23rd Governor of the Reserve Bank of India.
• He took charge of India's central banking institution on 5 September 2013.
• He has also served as the chief economic adviser to India's Ministry of Finance.
• He was also the chief economist at the International Monetary Fund from 2003 to 2007.
About The Banker
• The Banker is an English-language monthly international financial affairs publication owned by The Financial Times Ltd. and edited in London.
• The magazine was first published in January 1926 through founding Editor, Brendan Bracken of the Financial News.
• The Bank of the Year Awards is an annual awards event recognising the top financial institutions in the world.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Raghuram Rajan
When: 7 January 2016