Raghuram Rajan succeeded Subbarao as the 23rd Governor of RBI
Raghuram Rajan took the charge of the Governor of the Reserve Bank of India. He is the 23rd Governor of RBI and has succeeded Subbarao in the office.
Rajan took over the charge as the 23rd Governor of Reserve Bank of India on 4 August 2013 as a successor of outgoing Governor of RBI, Dr. Subbarao. Manmohan Singh, the Prime Minister of India on 4 August 2013 approved the appointment of Raghuram Rajan (50) as the new Governor of Reserve Bank of India for next three years.
About Raghuram Rajan
• He has served as the Chief economist at the International Monetary Fund
• Raghuram Govind Rajan was born on 3 February 1963
• He is the youngest person to become the Governor of the RBI
• He is credited as a person, who predicted the economic crisis of 2008
• He is an alumnus of IIT-Delhi and IIM-Ahmedabad. He received his Doctorate degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
• He is the visiting professor for Swedish Parliamentary Commission, World Bank and Federal Reserve Board.
• He also served as the president of the American Finance Association