Rajan took over the charge as the 23rd Governor of Reserve Bank of India on 4 August 2013 as a successor of outgoing Governor of RBI, Dr. Subbarao. Manmohan Singh, the Prime Minister of India on 4 August 2013 approved the appointment of Raghuram Rajan (50) as the new Governor of Reserve Bank of India for next three years.
About Raghuram Rajan
• He has served as the Chief economist at the International Monetary Fund
• Raghuram Govind Rajan was born on 3 February 1963
• He is the youngest person to become the Governor of the RBI
• He is credited as a person, who predicted the economic crisis of 2008
• He is an alumnus of IIT-Delhi and IIM-Ahmedabad. He received his Doctorate degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
• He is the visiting professor for Swedish Parliamentary Commission, World Bank and Federal Reserve Board.
• He also served as the president of the American Finance Association
Who: Raghuram Rajan
When: 4 September 2013