Rahul Johri assumes charge as first ever CEO of BCCI
He was appointed on the recommendation of the Justice Lodha Committee.
Rahul Johri on 1 June 2016 assumed charge as first ever chief executive officer (CEO) of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in Mumbai. He was appointed on the recommendation of the Justice Lodha Committee.
About Rahul Johri
• He will be report to the BCCI secretary Ajay Shirke and will be based at headquarters of BCCI in Mumbai.
• He will be responsible for “smooth functioning of operations, stakeholder management and building robust strategies for promoting of sport.
• Before joining BCCI, he served as Asia Pacific's Executive Vice-President for Discovery Networks and General Manager for South Asia.
•He had an experience in the media industry over 20 plus years.
• He is widely respected in the broadcasting industry for converting Discovery to a 11-channel bouquet.
• He was associated with Discovery Networks for the last 15 years and was leading South Asia operations for the past eight years.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App