Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje on 5 November 2015 launched the Rajasthan Agro-Processing and Agri-Marketing Promotion Policy 2015. The policy seeks to promote agro-processing and to reduce post harvest losses at the farm gate.
The Agriculture Department of Rajasthan Government will be the nodal department for the policy and Rajasthan State Agricultural marketing Board will act as nodal agency for the policy.
The policy aims to promote agro-processing and to reduce post harvest losses at the farm gate thus ensuring maximum prices of farmer’s agri produce. The state government also signed 112 MoUs with private companies in different sectors during the launch of policy.
Provisions of Agro-Processing and Agri-Marketing Promotion Policy 2015
• Rajasthan Agro-Processing and Agri-Marketing has been included as the thrust sector under Rajasthan Investment Promotion Scheme, 2014 to provide higher incentives than normal provisions.
• In addition, additional incentives provisions of subsidy for product patent, product registration, quality certification, sending samples abroad, project report preparation, transport of on fruits and vegetables and spices abroad also have been made.
• Investors in agro-processing sectors making investment above 25 lakh rupees shall be granted 60 percent capital subsidy, 10 percent employment generation subsidy of VAT and CST deposited for 7 years.
• These investors shall be granted 50 percent exemption in land tax, electricity duty and mandi cess for 7 years and 50 percent exemption in stamp duty, conversion charges and entry tax on plant & machinery in the state.
• 5 percent interest subsidy on term loan shall be granted to cattle feed and poultry feed manufacturing units for 5 years or till loan is finally deposited whichever is before.
• Customized Package will be granted to the enterprises making an investment of 100 crore rupees and more or employment generation of 250 persons in the unit.
• 50 percent exemption in stamp duty shall be granted on first transfer of plot in Food Park.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 5 November 2015
Ashok Gehlot takes oath as Chief Minister of Rajasthan; Sachin Pilot as Deputy CM
Rajasthan Election Results 2018: Congress wins 99 seats; emerges single largest party in Rajasthan
Union Government, World Bank and Rajasthan sign agreement to improve power distribution in Rajasthan
Rajasthan signs MoU for first Cow Sanctuary in state