Rajasthan Government launches Mobile App RajVayu on Air Quality Index
Rajasthan becomes first state in country to launch such app for sharing information about air quality index of cities.
Rajasthan Government on 5 June 2016 launched mobile application RajVayu for sharing information about Air Quality Index of Jaipur, Udaipur and Jodhpur. The app was launched by Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje on the eve of World Environment Day.
With this, Rajasthan became first state in country to launch such app for sharing information about air quality index of cities.
Highlights of RajVayu App
• Information provided on RajVayu app is based on the data collected by sophisticated air quality monitoring equipment and weather sensors.
• The app has been designed by Rajasthan State Pollution Control Board (RSPCB) jointly with Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM).
• It will share details about the air quality, such as levels of pollutants likes SOx, NOx, CO, Ozone particles and Particulate Matter (PM) with the city residents and tourists.
• It will also share temperature, wind speed, humidity, weather forecast and advisories.
• This app is based on the System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting Research (SAFAR-India) which is presently connected in Delhi, Mumbai and Pune.
• By 2017, the services of this application would be expanded in other cities in the state including in Ajmer, Alwar, Bhiwadi, Kota and Pali.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App