Rajeev Shukla appointed as Chairman of IPL Governing Council
Shukla was the IPL chairman till 2013 when he resigned from the post in the aftermath of the IPL spot-fixing scandal.
Rajeev Shukla on 6 April 2015 was re-appointed as the chairman of the Indian Premier League's (IPL) Governing Council by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
His appointment came just a day before the opening ceremony of the IPL-8 in Kolkata.
Former Union Minister and Congress leader Shukla was the IPL chairman till 2013 when he resigned from the post in the aftermath of the IPL spot-fixing scandal.
Sourav Ganguly was a new entrant to the IPL Governing Council while the senior national selection committee led by Sandeep Patil was retained for another season. Team India Director Ravi Shastri also remained in the IPL Governing Council.
Other inclusions in the Governing Council include
• Head the Marketing Committee – Chetan Desai of Goa
• Chairman of the Technical committee – Anil Kumble
• Head the powerful finance committee - Jyotiraditya Scindia
• In-charge of the Tours and Programmes Committee - Gokaraju Gangaraju of Andhra Pradesh
• Head of the Media Committee - Biswarup Dey, the treasurer of the Cricket Association of Bengal
• Affiliations Committee head - Anurag Thakur
• Chair the Constitution Review Committee – BCCI president Jagmohan Dalmiya