Rakesh Mohan joined Nestle India Board as Independent Non—Executive Director
Rakesh Mohan is a former Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India. He completed his three year term as an Executive Director in the International Monetary Fund in November 2015.
Nestle India Ltd. on 28 March 2016 announced that former RBI Deputy Governor Rakesh Mohan joined the Board of the company as an Independent Non—Executive Director.
His appointment will be effective from 1 May 2016. For Rakesh Mohan, this is the second stint at the company.
About Rakesh Mohan
• He is an Indian economist and former civil servant.
• He was the Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) from September 2002 to October 2004 and July 2005 to June 2009.
• He worked as the Secretary in Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), Ministry of Finance between October 2004 and July 2005.
• He was on Nestle India’s board between April 2010 and October 2012 and had to relinquish it following his appointment as executive director at the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
• He completed his three-year term at IMF in November 2015.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App