Ramanarayanan, Tamil film director and producer died on 22 June 2014 in Singapore at the age of 65. He has directed 125 films and holds the world record of directing the maximum number of movies in nine different langugaes.
• He started his career as a dialogue-writer in Tamil film industry and later he turned into producer and director.
• He produced his first film Meenakshi Kungumam in 1977 and directed his first film Sumai in 1981. Some of hit films are Kanne Radha, Soorakottai Singakutty, Veeran and Sahadevan Mahadevan.
• His 125th film was Arya Surya.
• Rama Narayanan was elected as MLA from the Karaikudi constituency in 1989.
• He was the chairman of Iyal Isai Nataka Mandram in 1996.
• He received the Tamil Nadu state Kalaimamani award.
• He made films in nine languages such as Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Bhojpuri, Bengali, Oriya and Malay.
• He has headed the Tamil Film Producers Council (TFPC) for three consecutive terms.
When: 22 June 2014