Raymond Weil, the pioneer of Swiss watch died
Raymond Weil the founder of the watch brand of his name died at the age of 87. He is considered the great innovators of the Swiss watch industry.
Raymond Weil, the founder of the watch brand of his name died at the age of 87 on 27 January 2014. He is considered as one of the great innovators of the Swiss watch industry.
Raymond Weil Geneve is a Swiss luxury watchmaker that was founded in Geneva. It is one of the last independent brands in the Swiss watch industry. The company was formed at a time when the Swiss watch industry was going down due to the quartz crisis.
About Raymond Weil
• Raymond Weil retired from the board of the company in September 2013 and remained as the honorary president
• He was a Swiss watch entrepreneur who formed his company the Raymond Weil watch company in 1976. His aim for forming a company was to create high quality timepieces with superior design at affordable prices
• He has worked with the Camy watch in Switzerland
• He is considered as one of the people who considered watches to be a luxury accessory
• Till 1995, he also was the president of the Exhibitors Committee of the Basel International Watch and Jewellery Fair
• Raymond Weil was born in 1926
At present, Weil’s son-in-law, Olivier Bernheim is the CEO and President of the Raymond Weil watch company.