The renowned Kannada, Rashtrakavi G. S. Shivarudrappa, poet died on 23 December 2013 in Bangalore. He was 87.
He is known as the new age poet of Kannada in literary circles and his poems are acclaimed for balancing images and emotions.
About G.S. Shivarudrappa
• He is a writer and researcher, who was awarded with the title of Rashtrakavi by the Government of Karnataka in November 2006
• Central Sahitya Akademi Award in 1984 for his literary contribution Kavyartha Chintana
• He has also received the Karnataka State Sahitya Academy in 1982
• He received the Soviet Land Nehru Award in 1973
• He was conferred with the Rajyotsava Award in 1984
• In 1998, he received the Pampa Prashasti
• He was born on 7 February 1926 in Shikaripura in Shimoga district
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.