Renowned labour economist TS Papola passed away
Papola was specialised in labour and employment, industrial economics, development planning, regional development and enterprise development.
Veteran Labour Economist Dr TS Papola passed away on 23 November 2015 in New Delhi following brief illness. He was 74.
Papola was specialised in labour and employment, industrial economics, development planning, regional development and enterprise development. He had served as an advisor with the erstwhile Planning Commission of Union Government for eight years from 1987 to 1995.
About TS Papola
• He had over 4 decades of experience in teaching and research and had taught at the various universities including University of Lucknow and Bombay, IIM (Ahmedabad) and University of Cambridge.
• He served as Chairman and Member of several State and National level bodies including the Prime Minister’s Advisory Council on Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
• He also had worked in consultative and advisory capacities with various international organisations such as UNCTAD, ILO, UNIDO, UNDP and UNICEF.
• He was founder member at the Institute for Studies in Industrial Development (ISID), New Delhi and Institute for Human Development (IHD).
• Papola authored around 14 books and 80 research papers in reputed journals. He also edited a 10-volume series on Labour regulation in Indian industry.
• He was recipient of various awards including VKRV Rao Young Social Scientist Prize for outstanding contribution in Economics (1984), Kautilya Award (2007) by the UP-Uttarakhand Economic Association.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App