The International Cricket Council (ICC) on 21 September 2015 announced that former West Indies cricket captain Richie Richardson was appointed to the Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees.
He will replace Sri Lanka’s Roshan Mahanama who stepped down from the position in the third week of September 2015.
Richardson is expected to take over the role at the end of his current assignment as the West Indies cricket team manager.
The last match to be overseen by him as the manager will be the Sydney test against Australia on 3 January 2016.
List of Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees
• David Boon (Australia)
• Chris Broad (England)
• Jeff Crowe (New Zealand)
• Ranjan Madugalle (Sri Lanka)
• Andy Pycroft (Zimbabwe)
• Richie Richardson (West Indies)
• Javagal Srinath (India)
Achievements of Richie Richardson
• He represented the West Indies cricket team in 86 Tests and scored 5949 runs.
• From 224 ODIs he made 6248 runs.
• He captained his side in 24 Tests and 87 ODIs.
• He played in the ICC Cricket World Cup in 1987, 1992 and 1996.
• He has been the West Indies cricket team manager since January 2011.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Richie Richardson
When: 21 September 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.