Sachin Tendulkar Announced Retirement from Twenty20 Cricket Format
Sachin Tendulkar announced retirement from Twenty20 cricket format on 26 May 2013. This was his last IPL season.
Sachin Tendulkar announced retirement from Twenty20 cricket format on 26 May 2013, immediately after Mumbai Indians beat Chennai Super Kings to lift the title of Pepsi Indian Premier League 2013 at Eden Gardens in Kolkata. This means that IPL Season 6 was the last IPL season played by Sachin Tendulkar.
Some Important Facts
• Sachin Tendulkar was the captain of Mumbai Indians team in 2010.
• He has represented this franchise in 86 matches in all and finished with 2529 runs. These runs include one century and 14 half-centuries.
• Sachin Tendulkar played the last game for Mumbai against Sunrisers Hyderabad at Wankhede Stadium on 13 May 2013. He was injured thereafter.
• Twenty20 cricket is the second format from which he announced his retirement. Earlier in December 2012, he had announced retirement from the One-Day Internationals.
• He also has the unbroken record of 15837 test runs as well as 18426 ODI runs.