Sangeet Natak Akademi announced awardees for 2014 Akademi Awards and fellowships
The Akademi recognizes the contribution of outstanding musicians, dancers and theatre artists by bestowing them the Fellowships and Awards on yearly basis
Sangeet Natak Akademi on 12 June 2015 announced the names of recipients of Sangeet Natak Akademi fellowships (Akademi Ratna) 2014 and Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards (Akademi Puraskar) 2014.
The list of names selected for Sangeet Akademi Fellowships:
• R. Janakiraman (Musicologist)
• S. Sathyu (film-maker)
• Vijay Kichlu (Classical singer)
• Tulsidas Borkar (Musician)
The Fellowship of the Akademi carries a cash prize of 3 lakh rupees and is the most prestigious and rare honour which is restricted to a very limited number at a given time. Presently there are only 40 Fellows of the Sangeet Natak Akademi.
Recipients of Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards for the year 2014:
• In the field of music For Hindustani vocal- Ashwini Bhide Deshpande Nath Narelkar, Ustad Iqbal Ahmed Khan
• Hindustani instrumental music- Pandit Nayan Ghosh (tabla) and Ronu Majumdar (flute)
• Carnatic instrumental music- Neyveli Santhanagopalan (Carnatic vocal), TA Kaliyamurthy (Thavil), Sukanya Ramgopal (Ghatam) and Dwaram Durga Prasad Rao (violin)
• In the field of dance- Adayar Janardanan, Amusana Devi, Uma Dogra, Sudhakar Sahoo, Vedantam Radhesyam, Jagru Mahto, Anita Sharma, Varanasi Vishnu Namboothiri and Navtej Singh Johar
• In the field of drama- Asgar Wajahat, Surya Mohan Kulshreshtha, Chidambar Rao Jambe, Debshankar Haldar, Ramdas Kamath, Amod Bhatt, Manjunath Bhagwat Hostota and Amardas Manikpuri.
• In the field of Traditional/tribal music/folk/theatre/dance and puppetry- Puran Shah Koti, KKalamandalam Ram Mohan, Kesavasamy, Abdul Rashid Hafiz, Reba Kanta Mohanta, Ramdayal Sharma, K. Shanathoiba Sharma and Thanga Darlong
The award recognizes sustained individual work and contribution to the practice and appreciation of the arts through award prize of 100000 rupees along with Tamrapatra and Angavastram.
About Sangeet Natak Akademi
• Established in 1953, the Akademi is responsible for preservation and promotion of the performing arts in India.
• It recognizes the contribution of outstanding musicians, dancers and theatre artists by bestowing them the Fellowships and Awards on yearly basis. Its aim is to create benchmarks in the practice of the performing arts.
• It has been bestowing Akademi Fellowship since 1954 and Akademi Award since 1952.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App