Sanjiv Sarin was on 29 December 2014 appointed as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Tata Coffee Limited with effect from 8 January 2015.
His appointed was approved by the Board of Directors of Tata Coffee Ltd. Sanjiv Sarin will succeed Hameed Huq, who will retire on 31 March 2015.
Sarin is currently the Regional President for South Asia in Tata Global Beverages Ltd, the holding company of Tata Coffee Ltd.
Tata Global Beverages Ltd appointed Sushant Dash as the Regional President for India. He will take over charge from Sanjiv Sarin.
Vikram Grover appointed as Deputy Head of Tata Global Beverages Ltd’s water business with immediate effect. In addition, Vikram will also have overall responsibility for company's businesses in Pakistan and Bangladesh.
• Sarin is a Postgraduate from IIT Delhi with an MBA from Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur.
• He served as a Regional Manager of Asia at Medison Corporate Ltd from 1995 to 1997.
• He was an Executive Director of Business Development at Tata Coffee Ltd from February 2008 to October 2008.
• He also served as Non-Executive Director of Nucleus Software Exports Limited from June 2001 to July 2014.
• Before joining the Tata, he led the teams at the erstwhile Cadbury Schweppes in the Philippines, Egypt, India and the UK.
About Tata Coffee Limited
• Established as Consolidated Coffee Estates Ltd in Edinburgh, the company was acquired by the Tata Tea Limited in 1991-1992.
• The company was named as Tata Coffee Limited in 2000. Today, it is a coffee company owned by the Tata Group that owns 19 coffee estates in Southern India.
• Tata Coffee produces 10000 metric tonnes of natural shade grown Arabica and Robusta coffees, in both washed and unwashed forms.
• The company also owns 7 tea estates which spans 4755 hectares in Coorg and Chickmagalur districts of Karnataka and Annamalai district of Tamil Nadu.
Who: Sanjiv Sarin
When: 29 December 2014