Science and technology as well as environment and ecology sections play a very important role in the competitive exams. A lot of emphasis is given on these sections in a lot of competitive exams. Therefore studying these sections meticulously has become absolutely imperative for the students preparing for the competitive exams. By taking the science and technology quiz in this section, the students preparing for the competitive exams will have a better understanding of these subjects.
1. Which country on 12 March 2013 claimed to have become the first in the world to extract the natural gas from frozen methane hydrate successfully off the central coast?
Answer: (d) Japan
2. Which country announced the worst-ever drought in 30 years in its entire North Island?
a) The United States of America
b) New Zealand
d) South Africa
Answer: (b) New Zealand
3. Methane Hydrate, also known as Methane clathrates are a kind of frozen confinements of molecules of _________ and Methane. Fill in the blank with an appropriate option.
a) Carbon Dioxide
Answer: (c) Water
4. What led to worst-ever drought in 30 years in the entire North Island of the New Zealand?
b) Climate Change
c) Depleting water resources
d) Global Warming
Answer: (d) Global Warming
5. Which body is conducting the survey of gas field in the main island of Japan in Nankai Trough where extraction of natural gas from frozen methane hydrate was done successfully?
a) Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation (JOGMEC)
b) Ministry of State for the Corporation in Support of Compensation for Nuclear Damage
c) Ministry of State for Ocean Policy
d) Ministry of State for Science and Technology Policy
Answer: (a) Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation (JOGMEC)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.