The Science Current Affairs Quiz is meant to adjudge you on your knowledge about technological advancements and science discoveries. It tests the knowledge base of an individual. The quizzes from environment and ecology section are also included in this section. These questions can be of a great help to you and can allow you to get an in-depth knowledge about the science section. Answer these questions in order to know about your preparation for the competitive exams.
1. The Supreme Court of India on 15 April 2013 ordered Gujarat to share which endangered species with its neighbouring state- Madhya Pradesh?
a) Asiatic Lions
b) Bengal Tiger
c) Asiatic Elephants
d) White Elephants
Answer: (a) Asiatic Lions
2. The researchers from Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, United States as an experiment transplanted which organ into rats?
a) bio-engineered lungs
b) bio-engineered liver
c) bio-engineered heart
d) bio-engineered kidney
Answer: (d) bio-engineered kidney
3. Which disease-resistant animal was produced by the scientists using a new technique simpler than cloning?
a) Cow called Cow-26
b) Rat called Rat-26
c) Piglet called Pig-26
d) Dog called Dog-26
Answer: (c) Piglet called Pig-26
4. Scientists in the third week of April 2013 discovered a giant galaxy which is 12.8 Billion light years away from Earth. What is the name of this giant galaxy?
Answer: (a) HFLS3
5. Name the two Earth-like planets discovered by NASA’s Kepler mission in Lyra constellation.
a) Kepler-62f and Kepler-62e
b) Kepler-20f and Kepler-20e
c) Kepler-53f and Kepler 53e
d) None of these
Answer: (a) Kepler-62f and Kepler-62e