Science Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers February 2013, February 18-February 24
The science|tech quizzes here will help the students in preparing well for the competitive exams
The science|tech quizzes here will help the students in preparing well for the competitive exams. The quizzes asked here will allow the students in grasping the subject of science and technology, environment and ecology in a much better way. Therefore, students preparing for the competitive exams can answer these questions to know more about this subject.
1. UK scientists in the third week of January 2013 discovered a set of hydrothermal vents, the deepest anywhere in the world while exploring the ocean floor in the __________. Fill in the blank with an appropriate option.
a) Caribbean Islands
b) Cayman Trough
d) None of these
Answer: (a) Caribbean Islands
2. Where did the researchers in the third week of February 2013 detected water traces inside the crystalline structure?
Answer: (d) Moon
3. The astronomers in the second week of February 2013 discovered the proof that cosmic rays originate as the results of explosions of stars or supernova, these are termed as the most energetic event in the galaxy. Who discovered the cosmic rays first in 1912?
b) Victor Hess
c) Claudius Ptolemy
d) Abd al-Rahman al-Sufi
Answer: (b) Victor Hess
4. Scientists discovered in their study that Bumblebees (Bombus terrestris) can detect the electric fields of _________. Fill in the blank with an appropriate option.
Answer: (c) Flowers
5. Where will the first wildlife skywalk of India come up?
Answer: (d) Sikkim