Science Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers February 2013, February 4-February 10
Science and technology, environment and ecology are important sections of any competitive exams...
Science and technology, environment and ecology are important sections of any competitive exams. These sections if studied carefully can play a vital role in defining the success of a candidate. By answering the science and technology questions asked here, the students can get a lot of help in their competitive examinations. These questions can play a crucial role in your exam preparation. Therefore, the students can answer these questions to get a better understanding of the science and technology, environment and ecology section.
1. Researchers working on the accurate calculation of the distance of Milky Way to the nearest galaxy found the exact distance to our nearest galaxy, Large Magellanic Cloud (LMC). What is the exact distance?
a) 163000 light years
b) 175000 light years
c) 183000 light years
d) 150000 light years
Answer: (a) 163000 light years
2. Which country ranked first on list of countries which distribute spam all over the world, according to new report of SophosLabs?
Answer: (c) US
3. Which research centre announced that it was developing the largest magnet of the world? This largest magnet would weigh 50000 tons.
a) CERN, Geneva
b) Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, India
c) NASA, US
d) Neutrino Observatory, India
Answer: (b) Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, India
4. According to the study conducted by University of Minnesota in the first week of March 2013, which species of Africa would decline to almost extinction over the period of coming 20-40 years if conservation measures were not undertaken?
b) Wild Cat
c) Wild Lizard
d) Wild Lion
Answer: (d) Wild Lion
5. Which compost plant became first in India to receive carbon credits worth 25 lakh rupees from the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change?
a) Okhla Compost Plant
b) ROTOPALA Composting Plant
c) Mumbai Compost Plant
d) Kanpur Composting Plant
Answer: (a) Okhla Compost Plant