Science Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers June 2013, June 10-June 16
Science Current Affairs Quiz presents the facts and data of latest developments in the field of science, technology and environment...
Science Current Affairs Quiz presents the facts and data of latest developments in the field of science, technology and environment. Wide range of questions on scientific development and inventions is always asked from this segment in the competitive exams. Answer these questions and adjudge yourself on the basis of your performance.
1. Where was the Early Tsunami Warning System (ETWS) installed? This system is capable to predict a tsunami immediately after an earthquake.
b) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Answer: (b) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
2. India and a top US science body in Month of June 2013 have forged an international organisation to develop space __________. This is an initiative that has that possibly can solve the humanity’s energy needs and greatly extenuating climate change. Fill in the blank with an appropriate option.
a) Solar Power
b) Lunar Power
c) Magnetic Power
d) Electromagnetic Power
Answer: (a) Solar Power
3. Scientists at Jadavpur University in the month of June 2013 discovered that zinc-doped hydroxyapatite (HAP) which is a calcium phosphate-based bioceramic material has a stimulatory effect on _________ formation. Fill in the blank with an appropriate option.
Answer: (c) Bone
4. What did the 2013 TERI (The Energy and Resources Institute) environmental survey published on 3 June 2013 indicated?
a) Air Quality
b) Water Quality
c) Air and Water Quality
d) Forest Quality
Answer: (c) Air and Water Quality
5. The Genetic Engineering Approval Committee (GEAC) permitted certain companies as well as the research institutes for conducting the field trials of which kinds of crops?
a) Bumper Crops
b) Energy Crops
c) Break Crops
d) Genetically Modified Crops
Answer: (d) Genetically Modified Crops