The quizzes that we are providing this week gives a brief insight of happening in the field of science like drug developed, astronomers claiming discoveries, temperature variations, scientists developing various new techniques or exploring new ideas. Solve these questions to judge your skills for competitive exams. By solving these quizzes, students will be able to get a better insight into the fields of science and technology as well as environment and ecology.
1. Scientists, from the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China discovered a mouse-sized fossil, which provided new insights into the origin of Primates. What is the name of this creature?
Answer: (a) Archicebus
2. A new type of which device was designed by three young techies from the North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology? This device contains a parabolic reflector that works in conjunction with the drum that contains water.
a) Sun Radiator
b) Solar Heater
c) Parabolic Reflector
d) Electric Oven
Answer: (b) Solar Heater
3. Scientists at the University of Texas in Dallas on 28 May 2013 designed a novel, small molecule that could help in the treatment of which disease? The molecule’s effectiveness lies in blocking the cancer-promoting function of proteins called androgen receptors.
a) Breast Cancer
b) Brain Cancer
c) Lung Cancer
d) Prostate Cancer
Answer: (d) Prostate Cancer
4. Scientists while analysing fossil records in the Month of May 2013 have discovered a new _________, which is dated back 66 to 80 million years. Fill in the blank with an appropriate option.
c) Three Horned Dinosaur
Answer: (c) Three Horned Dinosaur
5. The European Southern Observatory (ESO) on 29 May 2013 announced that astronomers in Chile discovered 15 new dark galaxies. Near which constellation were these dark galaxies discovered?
Answer: (b) Cetus
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.