Science Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers March 2013, March 18-March 24
The science|tech quizzes here will help the students in preparing in a better way for their competitive exams...
The science|tech quizzes here will help the students in preparing in a better way for their competitive exams. The quizzes asked here will facilitate you in grasping the subject of science and technology, environment and ecology in a polished way. Therefore, students preparing for the competitive exams can answer these questions to know more about this subject.
1. NASA's Swift satellite in the Month of March 2013 discovered one of the youngest-known supernova remnants. What is the age of these supernova remnants?
a) Less than 2500 years old
b) 2500 years old
c) 3000 years old
d) Less than 3000 years old
Answer: (a) Less than 2500 years old
2. A team of researchers discovered abundant active bacteria community in the deepest spot of the Earth. What is the name of deepest point on Earth?
a) Mariana Trench
b) Mariana Islands
c) The Challenger Deep
d) None of these
Answer: (c) The Challenger Deep
3. Astronomers at the Herschel space observatory in the Month of March 2013 found some of the youngest stars ever seen in the Universe. What were these youngest stars called?
a) Dwarf Stars
c) Minute Stars
d) Young Stars
Answer: (b) Protostars
4. An unknown huge radio galaxy was discovered by an international team of astronomers in the month of March 2013. Which telescope was used to discover this radio galaxy?
c) All-sky model
Answer: (d) LOFAR
5. Mass death of which species occurred on the beach in Coronel city, around 530 km from Santiago, Chile, in the third week of March 2013 likely because of the power generation plants- Bocamina 1 and 2 as well as Colbun?
a) Blue Whales
Answer: (c) Prawns