Science Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers March 2013, March 25-March 31
The science|tech quizzes here will help the students in preparing well for their competitive exams...
The science|tech quizzes here will help the students in preparing well for their competitive exams. The questions asked in this section will enable the students in getting a better understanding about this subject. Science and technology play an important role in the competitive examinations. Students can therefore read these questions and get abreast with the kind of pattern that competitive exams follow.
1. Which organisation launched the highly successful Chandrayaan-1 lunar mission in October 2008?
a) Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre
b) National Mesosphere Stratosphere-Troposphere Radar Facility
c) National Remote Sensing Agency
d) Indian Space Research Organisation
Answer: (d) Indian Space Research Organisation
2. Population of which species Increased in Kaziranga National Park despite poaching, according to the recent census which ended on 26 March 2013?
a) Great One-horned Rhinoceros
b) The Bengal Tiger
c) The Black Buck
d) Giant Alligator
Answer: (a) Great One-horned Rhinoceros
3. In the last week of March 2013, two new ______ species called Enyalioides were discovered from Cordillera Azul National Park. Fill in the blank with an appropriate option.
b) Wild Ants
Answer: (c) Woodlizard
4. India and the US in the Month of March 2013 agreed for cooperation on future missions to _________ and __________ after successful collaboration in Chandrayaan-1 lunar mission. Fill in the blanks with appropriate options.
a) Moon and Mars
b) Mars and Pluto
c) Moon and Mercury
d) Mercury and Mars
Answer: (a) Moon and Mars
5. Name the two Enyalioides species which were discovered from Cordillera Azul National Park in the last week of March 2013.
a) Enyalioides Shaughnessy and Enyalioides Laticeps
b) Enyalioides Azulae and Enyalioides Binzayedi
c) Enyalioides Oshaughnessyi and Enyalioides Shaughnessy
d) Enyalioides Azulae and Enyalioides Laticeps
Answer: (b) Enyalioides Azulae and Enyalioides Binzayedi