The questions and answers provided in this section will help you test your abilities. The quizzes will help you know how prepared you are. By answering these questions you will be able to judge yourself in the subject of science and technology and environment and ecology. By solving these quizzes and knowing the right answers, you would be able to prepare more efficiently for your competitive exams. Solve these quizzes to explore more on the subject of science and environment.
1. Name the asteroid, big enough to wipe out whole human civilization that passed relatively close to Earth on 31 May 2013.
a) Asteroid 1998 QE2
b) Asteroid 2013 QE2
c) Asteroid 1998 EQ2
d) Asteroid 2013 EQ2
Answer: (a) Asteroid 1998 QE2
2. Which Islands in India were declared as the world biosphere reserve by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) in the Month of May 2013?
a) Lakshadweep Islands
b) Andaman Islands
c) Daman and Diu
d) Nicobar Islands
Answer: (d) Nicobar Islands
3. Name the centuries-old frozen plants that were revived by the researchers from Teardrop Glacier.
a) Arctic plants
b) Canadian Arctic plants
d) Teardrop plants
Answer: (c) Bryophytes
4. V. Narayanasamy inaugurated _________, established at Indian Deep Space Network (IDSN) complex at Byalalu. Fill in the blank with an appropriate option.
a) Astronautical Society of India (ASI) Centre
b) ISRO Navigation Centre (INC)
c) Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS)
d) Navigation Satellite System
Answer: (b) ISRO Navigation Centre (INC)
5. Which report at D11 Conference held from 28 May 2013 to 30 May 2013, revealed that the Internet users in India were the second largest online sharers in the world?
a) Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB) Report
b) Wall Street Journal’s Report
c) D11 Report
d) Meeker Report 2013
Answer: (d) Meeker Report 2013
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.