Senior Marathi actor-director Raghuvir Nevrekar died in Mumbai on 23 November 2014 following a brief illness. He was 85.
• Raghuvir Nevrekar gained popularity on the Marathi stage through his performances in both positive and negative roles which he executed beautifully.
• Nevrekar was active member of the Goa Hindu association, one of the oldest cultural and social organizations representing Hindu Goans in Mumbai.
• He was well known for his character Falgunrao in Marathi musical comedy Sanshay Kallol.
• He was also one of the earliest playwrights for Konkani radio plays. His play Poppe Babali Mumbai was popular for its humourous characterization of Poppe Babali's visit to Mumbai.
• He also starred in the first marathi television serial Shwetambara in the 1980s.