Shekhar Kapur to head jury and Anil Kapoor to be chief guest at IFFI 2015
The Man Who Knew Infinity, a British film on Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan’s life, will open the 46th edition and Spain will be the focus country of the IFFI 2015.
Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor in the first week of November 2015 was selected to be the chief guest of the 46th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) that will start in Goa from 20 November 2015.
On the other hand, film director Shekhar Kapur was selected to be the head of the jury. He has directed movies like Passage, Bandit Queen, Mr India and Masoom. The jury also includes famous names such as Michael Radford, Julia Jentsch, Suha Arraf and Jeon Kyu-Hwan.
The Man Who Knew Infinity, a British film on Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan’s life, will open the 46th edition.
Highlights of IFFI 2015
• The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting finalised Kingdom of Spain as the country of focus at IFFI 2015.
• The focus country section will also feature Spanish actress Leticia Dolera’s directorial debut Requirements to Be a Normal Person.
• North Eastern cinema will be the highlight in the category Indian Panorama.
• IFFI will feature a special section on World Cinema Restored Classics to highlight the idea of film restoration.
• Special section will put spotlight on National Film Heritage Mission (NFHM).
• IFFI 2015 will introduce a new segment, First Cut, to recognize the young talent in the field of cinema.
• The new segment will screen some of the best directorial debuts of 2015.
• The festival will also include special award, ICFT- UNESCO Fellini Prize, in collaboration with the International Council for Film, Television and Audiovisual Communication (ICFT), Paris and UNESCO.
• A special seminar on Film and Cultural diversity will also be organised.
• A special series titled In Conversation with eminent Indian filmmakers such as Shyam Benegal, Vettrimaran will be organized.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App