Shivakumar appointed as the CEO of PepsiCo India
Shivakumar named the Chairman and CEO of PepsiCo India.
D Shivakumar was appointed as the Chairman and CEO of PepsiCo India. The post was lying vacant since Manu Anand quit the US food and beverage maker PepsiCo India in June 2013 to join foods company Cadbury Kraft.
He will now be responsible for the strategic deployment of the Rs 33,000-crore investment in the country announced by the company in November 2013.
In his new role, Shivakumar will oversee all aspects of PepsiCo's India business, which includes food and beverage brands such as Pepsi, Frito Lay's potato chips, Slice mango beverage, Kurkure snacks, Tropicana juices and Quaker oats.
Besides, he will also oversee the business of NourishCo – a joint venture with Tata Global Beverage – and franchise businesses in Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka and the Maldives.
Shivakumar will report to Sanjeev Chadha, CEO - PepsiCo Asia, Middle East and Africa (AMEA).
Shivakumar is PepsiCo India's first outsider CEO since Rajeev Bakshi, who led the firm from 2001 to 2006.
D Shivakumar is an engineer from IIT-Chennai and an MBA from IIM-Calcutta and has worked at Hindustan Unilever, Philips and Nokia.
• PepsiCo, Inc. was established in 1965 through the merger of Pepsi-Cola and Frito-Lay.
• Pepsi-Cola was created in the late 1898 by Caleb Bradham.
• Frito-Lay, Inc. was formed by the 1961 merger of the Frito Company, founded by Elmer Doolin in 1932, and the H. W. Lay Company, founded by Herman W. Lay, also in 1932.
• Indira K Nooyi is the Chairman and CEO of PepsiCo since 2006.
• Its net revenue is more than $65 billion and has 22 brands under its name.
• PepsiCo entered India in 1989 and is now one of the leaders in food and beverages segment.
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs