The BJP leader, Shivraj Singh Chouhan, was sworn-in as the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh on 14 December 2013. The Governor of Madhya Pradesh, Ram Naresh Yadav administered the oath of office and secrecy to him in Jamboori Maidan of Bhopal.
He has sworn in as the Chief Minister for the third consecutive time. After Narendra Modi and Raman Singh, he became the third person to become a state’s Chief Minister in a row from BJP.
Chouhan, who is known for maintaining a low-profile, has led BJP to win in the state of 230 member legislative assembly with 165 seats. In the 2013 assembly election, Congress was reduced to 58 seats from 78 seats won in 2008 election.
About Shivraj Singh Chouhan
• Shivraj Singh Chouhan (54) is the 18th and current Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh
• He replaced Babulal Gaur as Chief Minister of the state on 29 November 2005
• He has served as leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party, as its general secretary and as president of its Madhya Pradesh state unit.
• In 1972, he joined the RSS as a 13-year-old
• Since 1991, he has been a five-time Member of Parliament, representing Vidisha in the Lok Sabha
• At present he represent Budhni constituency, a tehsil in Sehore district in Madhya Pradesh assembly
• To focus on the prevention of female infanticide in Madhya Pradesh, he introduced schemes named as Ladli Lakshmi Yojna, Kanyadhan Yojna and Janani Suraksha Yojna in 2007
Shivraj Singh Chouhan's sworn-in ceremony was attended by Senior BJP leaders including L.K. Advani, Party President-Rajnath Singh, Chief Minister of Gujrat-Narendra Modi, Chief Minister of Rajasthan-Vasundhara Raje Scindia and Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh-Raman Singh.
"If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group"
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.