1. Home
  2.  |  
  3. State Current Affairs |  

Sixth Delhi Economic Census 2013 released

Sep 20, 2014 18:58 IST

The Sixth Delhi Economic Census 2013 was released on 19 September 2014.  The economic census was released by the Directorate of Economics and Statistics of Delhi Government.

The field work for the Economic Census was conducted between February 2013 and June 2013. It included all types of entrepreneurial activities in the field of agricultural and non-agricultural activities (except crop-production and plantation).

Highlights of the census

• The average employment size per enterprise in Delhi is 3.34, which is higher than the national average of 2.18.

• Only 3.32 percent of all establishments in Delhi have employed eight or more workers.

• The total number of establishments operating in Delhi has increased from 7.55 lakh during the fifth Economic Census conducted in 2005 to 8.93 lakh in 2013, indicating an 18.35 percent growth.

• Of the 2984850 people working in the establishments, a majority are men, constituting as much as 87.8 percent.

• Women constitute a meager 12.2 percent while the composition of women in total employment is 30.90 percent at the all-India level.

• Interestingly, only 68.70 per cent of the total workers are ‘hired’ indicating that the remaining are often made up of family members or others helping the owners.

• About 1.53 percent of the total establishments in the country are located in NCT of Delhi. Of the establishments, 76.89 percent operate with a fixed structure and the rest around 23.11 percent operate from households without a fixed structure.

• The maximum number of establishment i.e.1.53 lakh is located in Central District followed by West and North-East district.

• In case of employment, the maximum number of 5.76 lakh persons is working in Central District while, 19.3 percent followed by South-East and North District.

Is this article important for exams ? Yes85 People Agreed
Read more Current Affairs on: Sixth Delhi Economic Census , released

DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.

Latest Videos

Register to get FREE updates

    All Fields Mandatory
  • (Ex:9123456789)
  • Please Select Your Interest
  • Please specify

  • ajax-loader
  • A verifcation code has been sent to
    your mobile number

    Please enter the verification code below

This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK