SN Hanumantha Rao, the Former Indian Test Umpire Passed Away at 83
SN Hanumantha Rao, the former Indian Test umpire passed away on 29 July 2013 at a private hospital in Karnataka. He was 83 years of age.
SN Hanumantha Rao, the former Indian Test umpire passed away on 29 July 2013 at a private hospital in Karnataka. He was 83 years of age. He is survived by his wife, two sons as well as a daughter.
Life Sketch of SN Hanumantha Rao
• SN Hanumantha Rao was born on 4 September 1929.
• He was the umpire in nine Test matches from 1978 to 1983 against England, Pakistan and West Indies.
• He also umpired two ODIs against Sri Lanka and England.
• Apart from this, he remained an umpire in 16 first class matches.
• He had also remained the BCCI Match Referee.
• He debut as the Test umpire was from 1 December 1978 to 6 December 1978 in Mumbai, in a match between India and West Indies.
• His final umpiring in the Test match was also in the India-West Indies match, from 12 November 1983 to 16 November 1983 in Ahmedabad.