Subrahmanyam Jaishankar became the ambassador of US
Subrahmanyam Jaishankar became the Ambassador of US. He is the successor of Nirupama Rao and his position in Beijing will be taken by Ashok k. kantha.
Subrahmanyam Jaishankar became the Ambassador of US in December 2013. He is the successor of Nirupama Rao and his position in Beijing will be taken by Ashok k. kantha.
Jaishankar, who has played a key role in negotiation of US-India nuclear agreement, was named as the next Ambassador to the USA on 14 September 2013.
• S. Jaishankar is an Indian diplomat
• He is an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) of 1977 batch
• He previously has served as India’s Ambassador to the People’s Republic of China from 2009 to 2013
• From 2007 to 2009, he has served as the High Commissioner to Singapore
• From 2001 to 2004, he has served as the Ambassador to the Czech Republic
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group