Sunil Arora appointed as Director General of IICA
He will serve the office for a period of five years or till attaining 65 years of age or until further orders, whichever is the earliest.
Former Information and Broadcasting Secretary Sunil Arora was on 15 December 2016 appointed as the Director General and Chief Executive Officer of the Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA).
Arora's appointment was approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC). He will serve the office for a period of five years or till attaining 65 years of age or until further orders, whichever is the earliest.
IICA is a think tank that comes under the Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs. It focuses on matters impacting the functioning of corporates. Moreover, it work towards capacity building with various stakeholders including regulators and professionals.
About Sunil Arora
• He is an Indian Administrative Officer (IAS) of 1980-batch of Rajasthan cadre.
• Earlier this year, he retired as Information and Broadcasting Secretary.
• He is presently serving as an Advisor at Prasar Bharati.
• At the Centre, he worked in various Ministries such as Finance, Textiles and Planning Commission.
• He also served as Joint Secretary in Ministry of Civil Aviation during 1999-2002.
• In Rajasthan, besides district postings in Dholpur, Alwar, Nagaur and Jodhpur, he was Secretary to the Chief Minister during 1993-1998.