Sushil got land to set up wrestling academy by Haryana Government
Sushil Kumar has received eight acres of land by the Haryana Government for setting up his academy at the Motilal Nehru School of Sports in Sonepat.
Sushil Kumar, the two time medal winner wrestler in Olympics has received eight acres of land by the Haryana Government on 31 December 2013. Haryana Government gave him the land as it promised him to grant a land for setting up his academy at the Motilal Nehru School of Sports in Sonepat.
About Sushil Kumar
• Sushil Kumar is a wrestler of India who has won a bronze medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and silver during the London edition last year
• He is the only Indian to win individual medal back to back in the Olympics. His Olympics bronze was the second Olympics medal in wrestling after KD Jadhav’s bronze medal in Helsinki Olympic Games in 1952
• He has won gold in the freestyle competition at the FILA 2010 World Wrestling Championship in 66 kg freestyle competition
• He was the final baton bearer to hand over the Queen's Baton to Prince Charles in the Queen's Baton Relay for the 2010 Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony
• He has been awarded with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award (joint), the highest India's sporting honour and Arjuna Award in 2005
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group