Lord Swraj Paul, the leading NRI industrial was honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award by a UK-based business association on 13 June 2014. He was honoured for his outstanding contribution to the industry, education and Philantrophy.
The award was received by Lord Paul’s daughter Anjli at the Black Country Asian Business Association’s annual award at Wednesbury in West Midlands. Anjli received the award on behalf of Lord Paul as he was on a business trip to the US.
About Lord Swraj Paul
• He is the founder of the UK-based steel and engineering multinational company Caparo that first began operations in the West Midlands under the banner of a small company called L K Industrial
• He was made the Life Peer is a member of the House of Lords in 1996 and donated 1 million pounds to prevent the London Zoo closure in 1994
• In 1999, he became the chancellor of the University of Wolverhampton in 1999. In 2006, he became the Chancellor of the University of Westminster. From 1992 to 1997, he was the pro-chancellor of Thames University and its chancellor in 1998
• In 1983 he was awarded the Padma Bhushan by the Government of India
• In 1998, he was granted the freedom of the city of London
• Universities of UK, USA, Switzerland and India has awarded him 15 honorary degrees
• Massachusetts Institute of Technology gave him the Corporate Leadership
Who: Lord Swraj Paul
When: 13 June 2014